Guidelines and Process – Individuals
In order to make an application, please download an application form or call 020 7583 7394 to request one. Completed forms are to be returned to:
The Grants Officer
5 St Andrew Street,
Once we have received your application you will be contacted by our Grants Officer who will arrange a visit to discuss your application in more detail. A report will then be submitted for consideration by two Trustees of the Charity who will authorise or reject the grant. You will be contacted by the Grants Officer who will inform you of the outcome.
Most applications take about 21 days.
If you have any questions about the process please contact the Grants Officer on 020 7583 7394 or by email at email@example.com.
GRANTS TO INDIVIDUALS
1) Any resident living in our area of benefit may apply for a grant.
2) All applicants will be visited by the Grants Officer.
3) Only applicants living off a low disposable income will be considered.
4) Household grants will be bought through one of our purchasing schemes. If the application is made via other agencies ie Housing Support, a Housing Association etc. a cheque will be issued to that organisation.
5) Only one application will be considered in a twelve month period and there are financial caps for any three-year period.
6) No grant will be given for holidays unless in exceptional circumstances.
7) Grants for household items for recipients will be considered on merit
ANNUAL AWARDS & TERMLY GRANTS
1. Applications for annual awards will be considered, with the following being given priority:-
a) The elderly, chronically disabled and long term sick of any age who live in our area of benefit. Evidence of disability is needed before an annual award can be considered.
b) Young widows or widowers with children.
2. The recipient will lose the annual award if they move into a residential home. Individuals will also lose their annual award if they move outside the area of benefit.
3. An annual award will only be considered if the applicant’s disposable income is low.
4. An applicant’s savings will be taken into consideration when calculating disposable income.
GRANTS POLICY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES
1. Applications will only be considered from people who are under 25 years and who have lived in our area of benefit for 2 years. All applicants must submit proof that they are a bona fide student on a recognised and accredited course. All applicants will be means tested, which will include parental income and each application will be assessed on merit.
2. Students cannot apply for grants for more than three academic years (with the exception of school uniforms).
3. Applications for postgraduate studies will not be considered.
4. Grants for books, travel, general maintenance and course equipment will be considered. IT equipment is to be bought is to be bought from Currys PC World using SAH’s established purchase arrangements. A copy of the receipt for all other purchases will be required. No further grant will be considered without receipts. No grant will be given for equipment already purchased.