The Restoration of the Tower
The restoration of the Tower was completed in 2015.
During 2012 serious deterioration of the early 18th Century stone cladding around the tower of St Andrew Holborn was discovered. It was necessary to carry out major repairs to the tower to make it permanently safe and secure for the future.
In addition to the essential repairs to the stone work we have provided disabled access up to the front of the church and designs are in place for level access to continue under the tower to the main church.
We also replaced the flagpole and finials on the top of the tower that have not been in place since 1941.
On 25th November 2015, we had a service of celebration for the completion of the works.
This was funded by the generosity of the Heritage Lottery Fund. St Andrew Holborn would also like to thank Heritage of London Trust, the Mercer’s Company, Golden Bottle Trust and various individuals for their support.