The Guild Church of St Andrew Holborn Safeguarding Policy Statement
In accordance with the House of Bishops’ Policy Statements Promoting a Safer Church (2017) and Protecting All God’s Children (2010) and the Diocesan
Safeguarding Policy ‘Promoting a Safer Diocese’ (2018) our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Guild Church of St Andrew Holborn will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Church Safeguarding Officer (CSO) to work with the incumbent and the GCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church. This church appoints Adriana Ellis as the Church Safeguarding Officer.
Adriana can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Booth & Susan Johns
24 May 2019
Parish Safeguarding Officer
020 3867 7110
The Right Reverend Jonathan Baker
020 7932 1130
020 7932 1131
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor
020 7932 1124
City of London Designated Officer
020 7332 1215
City of London Safeguarding Adults
020 7332 1224 Mon-Fri 9.00 am-5.00 pm
020 8356 2300 out of hours
City of London Safeguarding Children
020 7332 3621 Mon-Fri 9.00 am-5.00 pm
020 8356 2710 out of hours
0808 800 5000
Stop It Now
(child sexual abuse prevention helpline)
0808 1000 900
(support for recovery from child abuse)
0808 801 0331
(parenting and family support)
0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence Helpline
0808 2000 247
Action on Elder Abuse
0808 808 8141
In cases of immediate risk or danger call the police on 999